2019 Global Beacons Camp (GBC) is a day-camp for pre-teens and teens to explore and discover potentials through communication skills and confidence in English, French, Ghanaian Language, personal development and STEAM exploratory and discovery activities bridging gaps in application of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics in practical ways. It is a unique kind of program activating potentials in participants and connecting other communities with programs taking place at various places. Participants connect with global/networked groups in sharing ideas.
The Global Beacons Camp is aimed at creating opportunities for participants to see how much there is that one can do harnessing potentials and how much there is to explore all around us. Global Beacons connects with active and supportive community who get together to share their experiences. What each of us can do is pretty amazing yet what we can do together is even more amazing.
Camp lessons are not the same as school lessons. Even though it is holiday period, the young ones still have the possibilities of developing and building capacity in other areas beyond academics, so we try to make life in camp active, positive and interesting. For instance, the main point with Language is improving communication skills and building individual confidence. Through the performance of activities - engineering projects, games, sports, music, designs etc we develop participants communication skills, self esteem, positive self image and confidence.
@ 1 - 12 July – EXPLORATORY
@ 15 - 26 July – DISCOVERY
@ 29 July - 9 August – MAKING
@ 12 - 23 August – SOCIAL IMPACT IDEAS: exhibits and presentations with Global Community
@ 9 - 20 December 2019 – PROJECT DEVELOPMENT
BI-WEEKLY DAY PROGRAM (NON-RESIDENTIAL)
Enjoy life away from city and with Pre-teens and teens exploring and discovering potentials in Berekusu (Kwabenya-Aburi Road) Ghana
Time: 9am to 4pm daily (Enroll full or half day)
• Better understanding of the application of Math, Science and Arts in Solving everyday problems
• Building confidence
• Harness creativity and innovations
• Identify ones´ potential
• Share ideas as problem solving agents
• Developing potentials for international representations
• Linking theoretical foundation established in classroom to practical world environment
* Improves oral French, English nad or a Ghanaian dialect
* Increase awareness of societal issues to provide a better understanding of the potential adverse effects as well as to develop a sustainable local solutions.